Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Medical school dilemma
















One of my favorite pictures...look at the clear turquoise colored water!

As many of you may know I have been having some second thoughts about medical school, wondering about going. It's been a rough few weeks as I have debated about how this decision has the potential to take me into two totally different worlds. As I've talked to the good people around me there has been a lot of support and belief in me pursuing this endeavor. I was so surprised to find that people had such wonderful thoughts of me. Don, from work, kept telling me (in a mantra type rhythm) "Go - to - school, go - to - school and don't - look - back". He told me later that he saw great potential in me and told me how strongly he believed that I should go to medical school. Jonathan, also from work, has also been encouraging me to go. Linda gave me a super wonderful compliment telling me that she sees me doing it all...being a mother, wife and doctor. Janelle agreed and told me how she felt that I would be a terrific doctor, one that would care so much for her patients. Thanks to you all and the others who have been with me through this time. I hope to have as much faith in myself as you all have in me.

I will buy my tickets to Dominica today!

I will try to use this blog to post pictures of my future home and school. Hopefully I can bring the island wonders and beauty to you via this blog. Dominica is called the nature island because it is one of the most "untouched" and "unspoiled" of all the Caribbean islands. The island attracts scuba divers from all over the world with it's underwater volcanoes that create bubbles in the water like champagne, migrating whales and colorful sea creatures like the sea horse and the batfish. A good reason to get my scuba diving license while I'm there. Just some trivia: Pirates of the Caribbean 2 & 3 were filmed partly on Dominica.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you do the scuba diving thing... I will have to as well, or I could just hear the details from you and live vicariously through you....ho hum...scuba....the ultimate fantasy. haaaa haaa. :)

LM said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
LM said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

You must do what you feel comfortable with Gloria. You have the talent but without the will, you will ultimately turn to other pursuits. Have faith and understand nothing is certain. Life is about taking risks. There is no gaurantee you will succeed in Medical School but you will always wonder if you don't make the attempt.

LM said...

AAAHHH, I like the anonymous person said below. Yes, you would wonder if you didn't try, especially if you didn't go because you thought you should get married or choose a safe, comfortable life instead. People should never put their goals or careers on hold for another esp. when there are no guarantees in anything.

Chan said...

Hi there, Gloria...I truly believe that you will do very well in medical school. I know it will be difficult being so far from home, but have faith in God: He will carry you through. Did He not promise in His word that Lo, He will be with you alway, even unto the end of the world.

Anonymous said...

You are a very strong woman and I think you should follow your heart. You are one of the smartest people I know and you can do it.

Anonymous said...

HI Gloria
What a surprise!! But I knew it, just wondered how long it would take you to figure out that you really wanted to go to med school. I wish you all the best. I know you will study and play hard. Scuba diving, wow!!Thanks for keeping me posted. All the best.